Somewhere along the line this last winter the pipe leading to my back yard faucet burst. I woke up at 2am or so and fumbled around in the dark trying to figure out where the running water noise was coming from and how to turn it off. Afterwards i went back to bed.
This morning I woke up again and decided to fix the pipe so that I could put new water in my hot tub.
This is the pipe, next to the pipe i cut to replace it:
Unfortunately, after soldering this new pipe in place, it became apparent that the valve nearby was also damaged. Upon disassembly the inner workings pretty much fell apart, as the ice had broken them all up. So after lots more poking around and some splashing and a trip to the pumbing store, I once again had a working faucet! yay!
After that little adventure, I commenced the long slow tub draining exercise.
This part is still ongoing, as it (and the one leading to the street) is a very small hose trying to drain a very large hot tub.